MedChart has an electronic signature feature that allows clients to easily sign electronic authorizations requested by their law firm.
How to sign the electronic authorization:
1. You will receive an email from MedChart (email@example.com) asking you to provide an electronic authorization to your firm. See below for an image of a sample email. You will click the link in the email to begin the authorization process. You must be connected to the internet during this process, and may use a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
2. Once you click the link in the email, you will be brought to a page with an identity verification question. Proceed to enter your date of birth (date/month/year) and click verify.
3. Once you move past the security question, you will click the glowing "Open eSignature Window."
4. Next, you will check the box stating "I agree to use electronic records and signatures." and click Continue.
5. Once you hit Continue, you will see the electronic authorization that you need to sign. Scroll to the bottom of first page and you will see a downward arrow icon with the word "Sign". Click this downward arrow (highlighted in red) to open up the signature box.
6. Next, draw your signature in the box labeled "Draw Your Signature." Hold the left mouse button down as you draw your signature or sign directly on a touch screen if you're using a smartphone or tablet.
Once complete click "Adopt and Sign."
7. If you are required to sign a second form, scroll down to the bottom of the second page.
Click the "Sign" button with the downward arrow icon again. This will duplicate your first signature. Now click "Finish" to complete the eSignature document.
At this stage, you will see a "Thank You" screen with a message saying your electronic authorization session is complete and that your law firm has been notified.
Great job! You now know how to sign an electronic authorization from Medchart!
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.