If you need to share records with a person outside of your organization, you can now do this securely through Medchart. We have developed a process through which you can generate a share link for individuals or organizations to access the records electronically for free or for a fee if you wish to set a paywall.
1. Go to your client's profile. You can navigate to your client's page by entering their name in the Search bar at the top of the screen.
2. Find the request in the Requests/Records table and click the Details button.
3. In the Records section, click the Share button.
4. Enter in the details of the person or organization you wish to share records with along with a message to them.
You can set an expiry date for the sharing link and you can set up a paywall, meaning the link recipient will need to send payment to your office in order to access the record.
5. Click Create Link once you have finished setting your share requirements. You will then receive confirmation that the link was sent to your chosen recipient.
If there is no paywall, the person you shared the link with will receive the below email.
When they click the Access records button, it will take them to a page where they will need to enter the PIN given to them in the email.
If they enter the PIN, they will be able to download the records.
Congratulations! You have learned how to share records through Medchart.
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org