1. Click on My Profile, which can be found in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the Substitute Decision Maker tab.
3. Click Create dependent account.
4. Choose the option that best matches your authorization to make requests for the dependent.
- Parent or Guardian: Select this if the dependent is your child or ward and they are under 18 years old OR over 18 years old with mental or physical disabilities
- Power of Attorney: Select this if you have been given Power of Attorney (for Personal Care) for the dependent (ex. elderly parents, siblings, etc.)
- Executor of Estate: Select this option if the dependent is deceased
5. Enter the dependent's personal information.
6. Upload supporting documents proving your status as the decision maker for the dependent you have registered.
You will receive confirmation when the document is uploaded.
7. In the top-right hand corner of the screen, click on the name to switch to your dependent's account.
Once you have switched to their account, you will be able to make requests for them.
For instructions on how to Request a Record, please read our article How to Request Your Records.
Congratulations! You have successfully registered your dependent's account!
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.